..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rejoice in your Suffering


"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disapoint us, because God has poured out is love into our hears by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." - Romans 5:3-5


When i'm going through a hard time it is so easy for me to blame it on everybody or everything instead of actually dealing with it. When i read this verse it makes me rethink complaining. Here it says to be grateful for the hard times we go through because it teaches us perseverance and character and hope. I have days that nothing seems right, i have long, boring classes or i don't get along with people but now i realize that God is simply puting those speed bumps in my life to make me slow down and realize who i am. The other day i got in a fight with a girl over something that was completely pointless and afterwards she was just plain rude to me. I on the other hand picked my head up said "screw you" and went on with my day. It was a sunny day and i wasn't going to let some stupid argument with someone stupid person ruin my day. I see now that i was developing character. That's who i am. i don't let stupid small stuff get to my head because in the big picture it has no meaning. Next i see that hope comes in because i can only hope that people will see how i handle situations like that and realize that being the bigger man/women is the way to be. next time someone is pushing your buttons don't be afraid to be who you are because God made you just that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment