..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Carry my Load

God is a burden bearer. As humans, we all have struggles. My burdens range from how am I going to afford rent this month, to what am I going to do with my life? Last year I spent months trying to find a house to live in when I return for school in January from Australia. During 4 months I looked at about 20 houses, went through 3 sets of roommates, failed way too many tests, fundraised $23,000 for YWAM and struggled in my relationship with Jason. Everything felt SO overwhelming. How was I ever going to deal with all of this by myself? The future seemed so stressful and such a burden. But God says in Matthew 11:28 and 29 that he will take our burden upon himself and give us rest. I really turned to God in this time in my life because I realized that I certainly couldn’t handle all these burdens myself. Mark 14:36 says, “Abba, Father, everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” When we turn every part of our lives over to God, he carries all our weight. I am still without a house, but I have the greatest roommate I could ask for, I fundraised the YWAM support, I still passed college with honors, and Jason and I are doing better than ever before. “Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.” God is strong, and he can handle way more than we ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment