..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Monday, December 27, 2010

THE Story

Well Christmas 2010 is over...and boy was it GREAT!

Question....
WHAT IS THE VERY FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR....C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S??

I guess for me there are about a billion things..
Christmas Trees
Lights
Decorations
Family
Food
Gifts
CHOCOLATE overload
ya know..the list goes on and on right?

Oh GOSH! i almost forgot CHRIST!
How pathetic of me!!
But wait...aren't those the things that come first on the majority of people's lists?
Sadly yes...
Walking around the mall, standing in line at a ski lift.. i have heard such sad things
People not knowing the real meaning of Christmas..
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW??? I mean i could understand people questioning if Christmas really was when Jesus was born, or maybe not believing it, but not even knowing??? i didn't think that was possible in the US anyway..
The birth of Jesus was such a remarkable thing, and so many people don't even know the story..
the story of Mary, a virgin, getting pregnant..
The story of Mary and Joseph packing up and heading to Bethelehem...
The story of them not being able to find an inn, so Mary gave birth in a stall, with animals all around. Do you know how nasty barns are?? And she popped a baby out in one, but not just any baby, this was THE baby.
The story of the shepherds and angels and the star and the wisemen...
HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT KNOW??

I just enjoyed a beautiful Christmas, and it is all because of my wonderful Lord that came down to earth on Christmas eve, to take away our sins, our pain, to feel our hurt..

My pastor said something interesting....
People now days spend their whole lives trying to communicate with extraterrestrial beings...
[we can talk to God]
They spend their whole lives trying to get them to come to earth so we can talk to them and have them talk to us...
[Jesus came down, as a baby, he grew up in our world, felt our pain, saved our friends, and what did we do for him? ....We killed him..]

This loving man came to earth to SAVE us....
and....

.We Killed Him.

what a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment