..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Monday, December 27, 2010

A powerful L.O.V.E

God just never ceases to amaze...

I have some cousins that have lived in the same town as me our whole lives..
My cousin was my best friend for YEARS..
We played ball together, grew up together, graduated together,
And then she cut me off...
Her parents got divorced and she had it in her head that it was my families fault..
Her, along with all my cousins completely disowned us, i hadn't talked to them in over a year..
My best friend, and just like that, she wasn't in my life anymore.

But this Christmas something happened.
We had it all planned out that my aunt and her new husband [my cousins mom] and my cousins were all going to come out for Christmas dinner.. I WAS STOKED! i hadn't seen them in years..
But then they called and said they weren't coming..[we can all guess why not, they didn't want to be around my family because of rediculous false acusations]
I was so mad i started praying..
"God, really? How much more of this are you going to put us through? We used to be best friends and now they won't even acknowldedge us.. give us a break already! Please God, just soften their hearts to us?!"
I had been driving home when i prayed this....
As soon as i walked in the door, my aunt came up and said turns out, they were going to come out after all...
God??? Um, you're awesome?!?!!
But so then, i was like well great they're gonna come out and be all rude and grouchy because they don't want to be here...
"God thanks so much for bringing them, now please just help them to see us for who we are?"
They came, they stayed for a few hours, and they were some of the greatest hours we had spent together in YEARS...

On Christmas day, God heard my cry and answered my prayers..
What a great God i serve right?
He has begun healing a broken relationship and i'm so excited to see it pan out!!

And as my cousin was walking out the door, she suggested that next time we're both home for break, that maybe we should get together and get coffee:)

what a blessing:)
that just shows what some prayers, and a little love can do:)
BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment