..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions and Bucket List!!

So i have told myself that resolutions are never a good idea... because you almost NEVER end up keeping them, so why set them in the first place when they're just gonna make you feel pathetic for not completing them..
BUT..
This year will be a new story
(yes, i tell myself this every year, but I'M SERIOUS!)
And as for the bucket list... maybe bucket isn't right, because i don't plan on kicking the bucket this year...
Yes i understand that what ever God's plan is will be the ultimate plan,
however i'm hoping and praying this won't be my bucket kicking year!!
hence the reason for my 2011 bucket list..
things i want to do before this year kicks the bucket=]
Okay?
Okay..
Here Goes:)
Bucket List:20 because.. well... I'M 20 YEARS OLD!!!
1)My year in pictures~ i plan on taking a picture EVERY day to document my year in pictures.. lots of people write journals right? well i'm going to do a scrap book!!

2)Run a HALF-MARATHON in the 808 state!! in otherwords.. basically kill myself by attempting to run a half marathon in HAWAII!! March 20th is the date:)

3)Run a HALF-MARTHON in COLORADO!! Last year i did the 5k.. and lets just say i felt a little pathetic when i saw 15 year olds running the half..soooo.. I'm signed up for the Colorado Half-Marathon in Fort Collins on May 1st.. super stoked:) breaking 2 hours is my goal..wish me luck!

4)Fundraise all $10,101 for Youth With a Mission DTS!! I know that with God's help i will fundraise money for YWAM, but i was told by a guy to not be satisfied with fundraising say $9000...i have to go ALL the way, and God wants me to do this, so he will help..so pray for me to be able to succeed in this=]

5)Be able to run a 7 minute mile by summer..i believe this is most definitly an acheivable goal.. i can already do a little under an 8.. so who knows maybe i'll even try to push myself more and get it down to a 6 1/2 minute mile.. we'll see!!!

6)3.8 GPA this next semester at CSU.. I've been told it is VERY hard to get that kind of a GPA there, especiall now that i will be in my major classes and out of GenEds, but if other people can do it, so can i..

7)Go to Australia..SO STOKED!!!!

8)Lead atleast 1 person to know God:)

9)Learn to KNOW GOD MORE.. and then not just know him, but live out his will in my life. it is so easy to talk the talk, but i HAVE to walk the walk.. so many people are such hypocrites about this part of their lives.. if you say you love God, then you have to love all other people too.. Matthew 25:35-40 "35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’"

10)I WILL lose my love handles and little bit of pudge..lol.. i've been working on this for a long time, but i NEVER really put my all into it, this shall be a new year.. haha.. SUCCESS is in the near future i think:)

11)Go to Red Rocks.. i've lived in CO my WHOLE life and never been there.. so hopefully this year that will change:)

12)Explore Colorado..i live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, but i never find time to really go and see all the beauty, so this year i want to EXPLORE!!

13)Cook 10 NEW recipes a month.. can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner... but 10 new, random [hopefully] yummy recipes:) MMMMMMMM:P

14)Climb 2 14'ers before i head off to Australia this summer...i've only climed 3 i think.. and i live around TONS of them.. time to change this!

15)Build a HUGE snowman on the intermural fields.. friggin SWEET!!

16)Summit Pikes Peak.. in all my life of living 45 minutes from there, I HAVE NEVER BEEN UP IT!!!! how CRAZY is that.. Pikes Peak or bust!! woot woot:)

17)Start my training to do the Hawaii Ironman 70.3... hopefully next year!!

18)Ride a Zip-line, either in Colorado, Hawaii, or Australia..SO FUN!! i've always wanted to ride a long one through the trees, so hopefully this will be the year!

19)Get a job for the next semester of school.. i could really stand to make some extra money, and i have an interview on the 7th.. so we'll see!! God willing, i'll have a job!!!

20)Go up to Vail/Breck and ride the lift thingy that goes up to the top of the mountains.. i think it would be beautiful..

and now my Resolutions...
This year i WILL try to keep all my New Years Resolutions:)
1.NOT BE SOO GOSH DARN UP TIGHT:) i really struggle with this.. i HATE being late, i hate making plans and then people changing them 20 times.. but this year i am going to try to just go with it, and not get so worked up over it:) GOSH its gonna be hard though..

2.Seek God in everything. i like to plan everything out, but i know that God's plan will ultimatly be what will happen.. so time to start listening!

3.Along with the last, really give all aspects of my life to God..once again, its hard to deal with not knowing what my future will look like, BUT, God is so awesome... i really have nothing to worry about:)

4.Eat healthier..i will do really good for a while, and then just start munching all sorts of junk, so its time to get serious if i want to be healthy, run fast, and lose weight!

5. Strengthen some of the relationships in my life...these people will be with me for life, so i really need to put more effort into them:)

6. Last of all, i want to be happier..i let the dumbest little things get me down.. i don't want to talk bad about people, i don't want to stress about class, or life, i don't want to worry about tomorrow... like the bible says, tomorrow has enough worries of its own.. i want to be content with NOW.. and not always be worrying about TOMORROW.. live in the now, because today will never come again.

So that is hopefully what my new year will be looking like.. a litte happier, a little more adventurous, and just all around exciting!!! SO STOKED to see what 2011 brings:)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting me : )) It means the world. I vow to support you as well! I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete