..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Day The World Ends


I'm not going to sit here and tell you guys the world is ending in 2012.
I think that is all a bunch of crazy talk..
Obviously people are not reading their bibles, or they would know that NOBODY knows when the world will end. Only God does and i'm pretty sure he hasn't been calling up people on earth on the phone and informing them that in 2012 everything will cease to exist.
That just isn't how God does things.

Tonight in my devotion i read 2 Peter 2:1-10, but two verses that really stuck out were 8 and 9...

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

I don't know about you, but i get the impression from this that God is kinda waiting to come back till more people know god, ALOT more.

At the rate we are all going with sharing the word of God with the people of this world, it could be billions of years before God comes back.
Of course i will be in heaven before then, but i hate to see all the children that will grow up not knowing God..
I hate to see all the people that will live their lives without the chance to experience this amazing LOVE i experience everyday.
Not just people in Africa or China, but even our own friends. I have so many friends that do not know the God i know. Yes, maybe they have heard him mentioned, but i'm sure if you asked them about christians, one of the first things that comes to mind is JESUS FREAK.
Now don't get me wrong. Being a jesus freak is AWESOME! i would proudly say that i am in fact a Jesus Freak...i freaking LOVE my God, my Faith, the life i live through them. But if we are going to reach out to our peers, or other countries, we must understand what kind of a life they are leading. We must learn how to get across to them. And if we ever want Jesus to come back...

Well lets just say WE BETTER GET ON IT!! People say we are running out of time to tell people about God.. but we aren't running out of time because Jesus is coming back, we're running out of time because all those people we need to be reaching are running out of years on this earth.. and it breaks my heart to think they may not ever experience our God...

So join me.
Help me share God's love and forgiveness..
No matter who you are with, where you are at, or how awkward you might feel.
Everybody that doesn't know God is searching for something more whether they know it or not...

Why not help them find God?
He provides the ultimate life, love, friends and faith that i believe EVERYBODY is searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment