..i walk with the Lord...
.......he is my love..........
.....my strength.......
......my life.......
....my best friend...

[NO TURNING BACK]

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Patience & Red Lights


Today, driving around and running errands i must say was a complete Patience Test..
If you know me, i DO NOT enjoy tests..
&
I am not very patient..
which i am working on this year.. but WOW listen to today....
Went to declare my major at 6:45 AM..
can you say EARLY?
But the whole patience thing wasn't that bad for that other than hitting all but 2 Red lights on the way...
So then, got that all taken care of, got my class
PRAISE GOD!
And so then it was time to go set a bank account for our YWAM fundraising..
We sat at the bank waiting to talk to a banker for..
oh ya know,
45 MINUTES!!
Redic..lol
Then got that all taken care of and went to Wal Mart..
Which was fine till we were headed back where we sat at a stop light waiting to turn left.. turns out the left turn arrow SKIPPED us! all the lanes went accept ours..
How does that happen???
Yes, i was far enough forward for the sensor to know i was there.. haha
So then, i decided to go straight, but i seriously hit EVER RED LIGHT..
So i was like dang, this is a test.. so i grabbed my camera to take a picture of a red light i was sitting at to blog about it.. and get this,
IT TURNS GREEN!
So i was like ok well next one..
Just as i pull up to the next Red light,
IT TURNS GREEN!!!
and the same thing happened for the next 2 lights! lol..
and so then i was bummed i didn't get a red light to take a picture..
but don't worry.. the red lights never fail with me, and i got 2 more red lights. lol..
..THIS IS MY LUCK..
bahahaha
Oh patience
i know these things all seem dumb, but after waking up so early i already was out of patience.. but i made it through the lights:)
I think i spend 3/4 of my driving time sitting at a light.lol. NOT JOKING!! haha
So, after sitting at all those lights, i got thinking..
PATIENCE!!
Who ever came up with the concept?
well whoever it was wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.lol
Actually i guess instead of turning it back on him, i should probably just really work on my patience this year=] what a novel idea!!

Philippians 4:11-13
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for i have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. i know how to be brought low, and i know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, i have learned secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance, and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

I thing this verse is awesome because here i am getting all impatient over a dumb red light where there are so many other things out there.. and then not to mention God says not to worry about it because there are so many other things that should consume our time..

I guess if i'm gonna get all upset about sitting at a red light, i should get more impatient about waiting for Jesus to come back to earth.. here i am counting down the seconds till class is over, or the light turns, or how long it will be till my run ends.. i think maybe i should start doing that for the day our Lord and Savior comes back..i say "I can't wait till jesus comes back." but i'm not getting impatient about it, or all worked up and upset..if i can have patience with that, then i guess i sure as heck can wait 2 minutes at a red light.. maybe i'll start spending that time to talk to God, or think about how lucky i am that i have a car to be sitting in at the light:)

wow.. if i looked at everything that way.. i think my life would be much happier:) lol.. maybe i should start huh?
[added to my new years resolutions]

YAY FOR RED LIGHTS!!
&
[PATIENCE]

No comments:

Post a Comment